Firstly, let’s have a quick insight of what ketone is all about
When the body doesn’t have much insulin to store and produce energy from glucose, then fat is used instead. Your liver turns this fat into ketones, and sends them into your bloodstream. The breakdown of fatty acids in a process is called ketogenesis.
Ketones are chemicals produced in the liver, and these chemical are extremely important for you because they fuel the busiest organ in the body, that one you can’t go a day without making use of, the brain. It’s the hungriest organs in your body more than 70 billion neurons are sending and receiving electrical signals a day. Even when you are sleeping, neurons in your brain are busy sending electrical signals from one region to the next, to retrieve memories and information from the previous day
In a study conducted in 2008, researchers concluded that, “The brain needs glucose for energy and diets low in carbohydrates can be detrimental to learning, memory, and thinking”. Also studies have shown that it consumes almost 50% of the body’s glucose.
Just imagine, what will happen to the brain in the long run if you continuously deprived your body of adequate diet and ketone supplements that will produce glucose. Which is an ingredient that fuels the brain, it will definitely be lacking in the bloodstream.
In this modern world, where we eat for strength’s sake, not really taking note of the kind of diet the body needs most. Ketone detox then becomes the best option because it helps you get rid of excess fat and load the body with glucose that your liver can produce by converting stored fatty acids into ketone when your brain is deprived of it. Your muscles also use them for fuel.
Why you need ketone detox
- When your brain is starved of glucose, it experience in confusion, lightheadedness, a loss of balance, rapidly declined thinking abilities, and impaired vision. This state is called low blood glucose. This is one reason you should recognize and take this symptoms serious and also consume keystone food supplements to restorer your brain function back to normal again.
- Your muscles also fuel on ketone detox
- They give an increased boost in energy; your body can convert these supplements used in detox into usable energy sources quite quickly
- Ketones detox improves mental activities, the ability to use fat as a fuel will give you a clearer mind without being dependent on anything.
- It could help you reduce unnecessary weigh because you’ll feel less hungry, feeling less hungry prevent you from overeating
- Exogenous ketones also gives you therapeutic benefits such as; reducing anxiety, managing cancer, and Alzheimer
- Other benefits include; faster weight loss and reduced hunger, cognitive performance, regulated blood glucose, increasing mental focus, reducing risk for disease, and less chance of inflammation
Ketone Detox can be taken;
- For energy; if you’re an athlete doing endurance or marathon exercise, taking ketone detox can be useful for helping you exercise for longer.
- Raise your blood ketone levels
- Boost your brain function, if you need to quickly increase your mental productivity. It’ll give your brain energy in the morning to keep you focused.
There are actually two different types of ketone (or ketone bodies), the ketones your body produces naturally are called endogenous ketones. And the artificially produced ketones you take in the form of a powder/pill/oil supplement are called exogenous ketones. Endogeneous ketones are of 3 varieties of molecule, they include;
- Acetoacetic Acid
- 3. Beta Hydroxybuyrate, this actually gets converted to Acetone or Acetoacetic Acid before your body can use it
Exogeneous ketones are usually in the form of Beta Hydroxybuyrate, and they also get converted before usage.