One of the most popular uses of ketone diet is to lose weight. You may be wondering how long it will take to see the result once you start the Keto diet and other related question or issues.
The first and most important point that needs to be understood is that we are all different and our difference plays a significant role in losing weight when on kept diet.
Lose weight on Keto diet; we are all different
Our bodies are different which means we are to expect difference in weight loss. Your individual weight loss rate can vary based on the following factors;
Your health condition
The following questions need to be answered;
- Do you have problems with your thyroid?
- Are you overweight?
- Is your body resistant to insulin?
- What is your metabolism rate? Slow or fast?
All these factors combined have great influence on weight lose while on Keto diet. If you answer to any of the question asked above is positive, you might experience slower result of weight loss than you might have expected.
Your body composition
There is need to answer the following question;
- What is your Body Mass Index (BMI)?
- How much fat do you have to lose?
- What is the mass of your muscle?
If you have excess weight, you might experience rapid result in weight loss.
- What are your daily habits? Are they contributing to weight gain or weight loss?
- Are you taking fat junk foods or clean keto foods?
- Are you watching out for hidden carbs?
- Do you exercise?
Energy spent daily and quality of food consumes have significant impact on how your body will burn fat.
Your individual fat adaptation period
It is important you note that the body needs time to adapt to fat and this is solely dependent on your metabolism.
A good example is if you are coming off a Standard American Diet and you are trying the ketone diet for the first time, it might take longer before your body adapts to the ketone diet.
From a holistic point of view, someone with lot of fat tissues, who does not exercise and have slow metabolism will have to wait longer before experiencing any significant result. While on the other hand someone with a normal metabolism, who exercises three to four times a week and is slightly overweight will start seeing significant result within a short period of time.
How do you set yourself up for weight loss?
Getting the basic right is important before going into the Keto diet. Firstly, ensure you are running on fats and not carbs otherwise you might not get significant result.
Here is how to be sure your body is running on fat;
- Figure out your keto macros
- Give your body time to get adapt and get into ketosis (usually between 2-7 days)
- Carry out ketone test
- Ensure you feed on only clean Ketogenic diet
- Avoid sedentary lifestyles
Doing all this will help you get the best result from keto diet.
Here are common pitfalls of the keto weight loss
If you notice you are not getting significant results from keto diet then there just be some habtis and foods that have hindered the progress of the diet. The following are some common mistakes you might be making and what to do about them.
- First mistake; not being in Ketosis
- Solution; don’t stop tracking your ketones and decrease the intake of fats.
- Second mistake; you may not be looking out for hidden carbs (You might be taking some foods that have more carbs than you might think of)
- Solution; Avoid taking processed foods and stick to whole foods and avoid artificial sweeteners that can raise insulin level.
- Third mistake; not checking the way your body reacts to dairy products because they may elevate the level of insulin in the body and kick out your ketosis plan.
- Solution; Check your ketone level before and after dairy consumption to give you an insight on your body reaction to dairy and stick to only high quality dairy.
- Fourth Mistake; Taking in too many calories
- Solution; Track your calories intake and ensure you are on calorie deficit, consume fewer nuts, intermittent fasting can be adopted and don’t go overboard.
In conclusion, having more mental clarity, healthier hair, nails and skins, more energy, and lower inflammation are positive signs of keto diet.